- Collect empty wrapping paper rolls or empty bolts that material comes on from the
- Measure the width around your roll.
- Cut pieces of construction paper 8 inches by the width measured around the roll.
- Decorate each piece of construction paper with markers or colored chalk to look
like an animal for the totem pole. Wings, tails, antlers, and other features may be glued
onto the construction paper so that the totem pole would appear more three dimensional
- Glue the sections of the totem pole onto the roll.
|Northwest Coastal Hat
Return to Native American Index Page